THE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED
Abstracts Submission Deadline: 1 January 2014
Notification of acceptance/rejection: March 2014
Abstracts for oral presentation or poster presentation may refer to any topic related to the care and management of wounds.
All presentations can be made in either English or Spanish.
Abstract Submission guidelines
A. General conditions
- Abstracts are required for all oral presentations and posters.
- Abstracts must be submitted before 1 January 2014.
- Max. 6 abstracts with the same presenting author can be submitted. The system allows max 6 abstracts per submitter id.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English or Spanish.
- Spanish abstract submitters should please be aware that it is possible to present in either a Spanish or English free paper session, as the oral presentations will be divided into English or Spanish speaking free paper sessions. Simultaneous translation will be provided one way. If you choose to present in English but do not feel familiar with discussions in English, a Spanish/English speaking translator will be present to help with questions etc. Please inform the secretariat about that at least two months before the conference.
- Accepted abstracts will be published on the conference website and in the abstract book for the conference. By submitting an abstract you consent to giving EWMA permission to publish your abstract.
- Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the EWMA Secretariat. It is only possible to withdraw an abstract until 14 days after notification on acceptance.
B. Presenting author and registration
- The presenting author must register as a participant for the full conference at the latest 14 days after acceptance of an abstract.
- Failure to register shall not be regarded as an automatic withdrawal of your abstract. Withdrawal of an abstract can only be made by writing to the Secretariat - see item A.6 above.
- EWMA reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific programme that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 14 days after notification on acceptance.
- Please note that max. 2 oral presentations and max. 2 poster presentations by the same presenting author will be accepted for presentation at the conference. NB! The presenting author does not have to be the 1st author.
C. Contents of your abstract
- The abstract word limit is max. 250 words per abstract. The EWMA Secretariat reserves the right to edit abstracts that exceed the word limit.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Write the abstract title in CAPITAL LETTERS. No full stop at the end.
- No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or abstract text, as a “blind” review process will be used. You will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their institution(s), when you submit your abstract online.
- The abstract must include the following:
Aim: Clearly state the purpose of the abstract.
Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly.
Results: Present your results in a logical sequence in text, table and illustrations.
Conclusions: Emphasise new and important aspects of the study (perhaps as a discussion section) and the conclusions that are drawn from them.
- All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
- Statements such as “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” cannot be accepted.
- Use of brand names
For all references to products or companies, generic names must be used. The brand name can be inserted as a reference at the bottom of the abstract page. Papers containing brand names/company names in the abstract text (i.e. not in a reference at the bottom of the page) may be rejected for this reason only. EWMA reserves the right to replace any brand name with a generic name without further notice.
- Images that are uploaded to follow the abstract are not guaranteed inclusion in the abstract book.
- Abstracts will not be accepted if previously presented at a EWMA conference unless there is a substantial increase in data.
- Abstracts can be submitted for any topic in Wound Healing and Wound Management. Primary categories are:
Acute Wounds - Antimicrobials - Basic Science - Burns- Devices & Intervention - Diabetic Foot – Dressings – Education - e-Health- Health Economics & Outcome – Home Care - Infection - Leg Ulcer – Negative Pressure Wound Therapy - Nutrition – Pain - Pressure Ulcer – Prevention - Quality of life - Wound Assessment - Case Studies (ePosters only) - Professional Communication (ePosters only)
- You can edit your abstract in the 24 hours after submission.
- The Scientific Committee will review the abstract.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to all authors two months prior to the conference.
- It is the responsibility of all submitters that all studies are performed with respect to national legislation, international legislation and ethical guidelines both with regards to humans and animals. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to violate these principles. Link to ethical guidelines.
- Please verify that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
For all enquiries regarding abstracts and speakers, please contact the EWMA Secretariat at email@example.com